AWS Data Engineer
Bloomfield, CT; New York, NY; Lafayette, IN
Duties and Responsibilities
- Candidate would develop applications in AWS – data and analytics technologies including but not limited to Glue, EMR, Lambda,
- Step Functions, CloudTrail, CloudWatch, SNS, SQS, S3, VPC, EC2, RDS, IAM.
- Candidate would need to do development using application development by lifecycles, & continuous integration/deployment practices.
- Working to integrate open source components into data-analytic solutions.
- Working with vendors to enhance tool capabilities to meet enterprise needs.
- Willingness to continuously learn & share learnings with others.
- Work with technical development team and team lead to understand desired application capabilities.
- Continuously improve software engineering practices.
- Work within and across Agile teams to test and support technical solutions across a full-stack of development tools and technologies.
- Candidate should have Hands on experience with AWS services such as Glue, EMR, Lambda, Step Functions, CloudTrail, CloudWatch, SNS, SQS, S3, VPC, EC2, RDS, IAM.
- Proficient in at least one programming language (Python, Scala, Java etc)
- Experience in ETL / Data application development and version control systems such as Git.
- Knowledge of application development lifecycles, & continuous integration/deployment practices.
- 5 – 7 years experience delivering and operating large scale, highly visible distributed systems.
- Knowledge of IAC using terraform is preferred.
- Snowflake MPP and graph database experience is preferred but not mandatory.