5G/LTE RAN Testing
Posted on 09 Dec 2022
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Identifying test strategy and test plan development for 4G and 5G eNodeB/gNB product for end to end validation.
- Provide leadership in definition of testing strategies for release features validation.
- Preparation test plans as per requirements, customer requirements and 3GPP specs.
- Preparing lab test setups and equipment need planning for end to end feature validation.
- Execution of test plan in the lab environment and mimic field scenarios in the lab.
- Leading technical staff of 8 to10 members team.
- Track and prepare status report of testing activities like test testing results, test case coverage, required resources, defects discovered and their status, performance baselines etc.
- Ensure that any risks associated with the agreed test strategy and the system test plan are clearly documented and described to the Project teams/Business users and the Testing teams.
- Experience in LTE 4G, 5G eNodeB/gNB testing.
- Strong knowledge in 5G and 4G air interface, call processing technologies and network architecture specifically focused on Radio Access Network
- Must have: Hands-on experience in LTE Access stratum protocols (MAC, RRC, RLC, and PDCP)
- Experience with LTE core system interfaces and protocols such as S1-MME, S1-U, S6a, S11, S5/S8, Rx, NAS, S1-AP, RRC, GTPv2c, GTP-U, SGs-AP is desired
- Working experience in LTE Mobility, SON, OAM, performance, soak and KPIs validation.
- Understanding of 3GPP systems: Core and RAN networks
- Excellent Understanding of 3GPP standards
- Expertise in creating test plans for system level, subsystem level and feature level testing
- Experience in LTE UE simulators (Aeroflex,etc) , core network simulators usage.
- Understanding of Software development and testing Life cycle
- Good Knowledge in TCP/UDP, IP protocols and understanding of basic OSI model
- Good understanding of Wireless Operators end-end Network
- Good knowledge on QA & Test methodology and solution manager.
- Strong team player and out of the box thinker
- Trains team members on technology and project related aspects.
- Good appreciation of software testing engineering principles.
- Awareness to Agile process.
- Well versed with debugging tools – QXDM, QCAT, Wireshark, etc.
- Good log analysis skills to point out problem scenarios.
- Testing in Unix/Linux environment
- Automation experience preferred.