Data Plane Development(DPDK) Engineer
Posted on 05 Apr 2023
- We are looking for a highly talented Software professional as part of our Wireless Core Network and Data Plane Group. He/she will be working on cutting-edge wireless access services, protocols and standards. He/she will be developing next-gen carrier-grade, cloud enabled wireless Access point to enable carrier, enterprise and multiple vertical networks to stay ahead of the exploding demand for high-bandwidth applications and services.
Major Duties To Be Performed:
- Working with engineering, different functional architects to define architecture and design.
- Software architecture, design, development, coding and code reviews to advance Data plane features, services and protocols. Working closely with software, QA and support engineers and project management to ship high quality AP.
- Software design with modularity, maintainability and serviceability that can be leveraged across multiple product lines based on different hardware architecture.
Mandatory Skills, Education and Experience:
- Hand on experience with OpenWRT, Good expertise in Wireless and Wired networking and concepts Expert in Linux kernel, Networking, protocols, packet routing, bridging and data plane services.
- Expert in Linux kernel internals, debugging and troubleshooting Strong Knowledge of WiFi network and protocols desirable Good Knowledge of different data plane architecture like OpenDP, DPDK, Openflow, VPP, etc is highly desirable Good understanding of processor architectures like MIPS, PPC, ARM and iX86 architectures and their software dependencies in Linux
- Good exposure and understanding of Linux memory management, scheduling and performance
- Strong systematic problem solving and analytical skills
- Strong programming experiences in C and embedded C on resource constraint platforms and real-time operating systems of ARM, MIPS and PPC architecture.
- Strong networking (TCP/IP, BGP, routing/switching, etc.) skills and ability to debug network problems.
- Good team player and capability to mentor junior engineers
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, Outstanding analytical and troubleshooting skills.
- BS/MS in CS/EE and 8+ years of experience