Network Services Engineer
Posted on 11 Mar 2022
- The candidate will be responsible for delivering technical services, such as configuring, integrating, creating dashboard reporting, troubleshooting, and advanced consulting on our technology within the application performance domain (TCP/HTTP/SQL/CIFS).
- The candidate should display strong consultancy skills, being able to listen to a customer’s challenges and then solve them. He/She will be expected to operate as a key link between the Professional Services organization conveying critical product and technology information from the field back into the PLM and R&D departments.
- The role will include focus on capabilities to leverage network and application monitoring portfolio to translate technical output into positive business impacting outcomes for customers. The candidate must have proven application troubleshooting and analysis experience with a solid understanding of communications protocols. Must possess demonstrable experience delivering services at large telecommunications providers, carriers, or enterprises. This includes mandatory application performance experience with network analysers including but not limited to Wireshark and other NPM/APM toolsets. The candiadte will work in conjunction with project management teams and will be their key technical advisor to ensure optimum delivery.
- Responsible for but not limited to installation, commissioning, integration, system configuration, upgrades and use case creation
- You will be an application performance network services engineer within our PS team.
- Responsible for building knowledge and sharing within the customer environment & host environment.
- Become an expert in our portfolio & adapt the portfolio’s use to different customer challenges.
- Support pre-sales and sales.
- Daily customer interactions, including delivering presentations as our expert to recommend measures for network/application improvements.
- Write reports, give technical answers to questions & manage collection of information from our solutions.
- Define reporting dashboards, analyse results & present them to the customer, highlighting performance degradation and recommend solutions.
- Help customers troubleshoot application & network issues identified by our solutions.
- Ensure complete customer satisfaction through all stages of the technical services delivery process.
- Train our customers on our solution to enhance their knowledge and usage of our products.
- Minimum of 5 years of prior experience with application focused Application troubleshooting/analysis
- Ability to work independently in challenging situations Solid understanding of Communication Protocols (TCP/HTTP/SQL/CIFS) and how they work.
- Experience interpreting Wireshark or similar traces.
- Fluent in interpreting performance metrics, troubleshooting & system operation.
- Experience in application performance monitoring mandatory
- Mobile and wireline, transport/backhaul networks experience desired
- Experience with Carrier Ethernet and IP products such as Cisco, Juniper, Ciena advantageous.
- Prior understanding of services delivery is essential.
- Strong statistical and analytical abilities.
- Ability to understand, compile, evaluate, and present complex data and solutions.
- Knowledge of programming languages such as C++, Python, UNIX, and scripting tools is an asset.
- Passionate and self-motivated with the ability to learn quickly and independently.
- Must have a bachelor’s degree.
- Possess a strong focus on customer service and be able to establish and maintain strong relationships.
- Must have strong written and verbal communication skills and be able to effectively articulate technology and product positioning to both business and technical users
- English is mandatory. Written and Verbal.
- Must be able to maintain a functional home office and trave